Jump to navigation
Organizing Your Storage Unit
- Leave a small air space between your stored items and the wall of the storage unit for ventilation.
- Store items that will not be needed to the rear of the storage unit, and items you will need to access toward the front of the unit.
- Store heavy items on the bottom and lightweight items on top.
- Store smaller, more valuable items to the rear of the storage unit and larger items toward the front of the unit.
- Wooden furniture should first be covered with blankets to avoid abrasion and moisture damage.
- Plastic sheeting will protect your stored goods from both dust and water damage.
- Pack your storage unit as tightly as possible.
- Tighter packing helps to protect stored items from moisture and dust and reduces the space needed to store your property.
- Use a high quality disc (round) padlock to secure your storage unit.
- This type of lock is difficult to cut or break and offers maximum protection for very little money.